ABA’s results protect your bottom line:
- Saved bakers up to $185,000 in annual food safety registration fees.
- Worked with EPA to retract an adjusted air emission factor in bakery ovens — a cost
- Savings of approximately $250,000 to $500,000.
- Ensured the 2010 Dietary Guidelines retained the recommended daily six servings of grain foods.
- Successfully lobbied to block the Employee Free Choice Act (card check).
- Convinced the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to drop proposed increases to
- Commodity speculative limits, preventing further market volatility.
ABA sets up meetings with Congress, OSHA, FDA and EPA, providing direct access for bakers. ABA provides a direct pipeline to FDA during relevant recalls impacting the baking industry — such work averted the closure of an ABA member’s manufacturing facility due to a false claim of peanut butter contamination.
Share information and ideas on how to improve operations, develop business opportunities, and how to avoid problems. ABA allows small, independent bakers to be able to call a multi-billion dollar company CEO and receive a return call within 24 hours.
Every member has an equal vote and seat at the table!
ABA works closely with Congress, federal agencies, state legislatures and regulatory authorities to educate them about baking issues.
American Bakers PAC raised a record of more than $250,000. This provides ABA with resources to help elect pro-bakery lawmakers.
Find out about the issues important to your business and the latest trends through ABA meetings, weekly “What’s New” electronic newsletter, the ABA ROI report, and semi-annual Bulletin.